How to Promote Your Home Jewelry Party Business!
If you sell jewelry through home parties, you know how important it is to continuously find new hosts for your parties. I’ve made a list of a variety of ideas you can use in your recruiting efforts. Here they are:
1. Hand out business cards freely. Make sure you have a separate business card promoting your jewelry home party business. Don’t use a business card designed to promote sales of your jewelry. Your home party business card should specifically list the benefits of hosting a jewelry home party.
2. Post your business cards on bulletin boards in schools, libraries, restaurants, and grocery stores.
3. Stay motivated by reading positive thinking and motivational books and literature. These really do make a difference if you put them into practice!
4. Host an open house to sell your jewelry and recruit new home party sellers.
5. Make a list of everyone you can think of who might want to make extra money selling your handmade jewelry through home parties. Resolve to call at least two people per evening to let them know how your home party business can help them.
6. Set up a recruiting booth at a school fair, craft show, or business fair. This is your chance to promote both your jewelry and your home party business.
7. Wear a catchy button promoting your home party business. Use a slogan like “Earn extra money while having fun! Ask me how!” or “Ask me how to get free jewelry”.
8. Advertise in low cost and free publications such as church bulletins, dance recital programs, school publications, buy and sell newspapers, and local classifieds. There are lots of people out there looking for a way to earn extra money who love beautiful jewelry!
9. Wear a sweatshirt or t-shirt that promotes your business. You can use the same slogan you used on your button or badge.
10. Wear your jewelry everywhere! When people compliment it, let them know about how they can get free jewelry and earn income by hosting a home jewelry party.
11. Place signs on telephone pools advertising your home party business. Don’t laugh! This really works. I’ve done it with good results.
12. Turn your car into an advertising vehicle with a magnetic car sign advertising your home party business.
13. Advertise your home jewelry party business prominently on your web page.
14. Write articles on how to be successful in the home party business. Submit the articles to article databases along with a link to your web page.
15. When you’re shopping or running errands, keep your ears open for people who are complaining about wanting to earn extra income. Give them one of your business cards.
16. Include a business card advertising your home party business along with your tip at restaurants.
These are just a few of the many ways you can recruit more people to host home parties for your jewelry design business. Pick out two of these ideas and resolve to do them on a regular basis and track the results.
If one idea isn’t working for you after several weeks, discard it and try another one. It’s important to test each idea thoroughly before moving onto the next one so you can see which marketing ideas are most effective for you.
Focus and consistency will pay off. Be sure to document where each of your leads comes from so you can know which advertising methods are working for you. Be consistent about this and you should be rewarded with lots of new home party hosts!